Frequently asked questions on the KREUL Glass & Porcelain Paints01/17/2019 |
- KREUL Glass & Porcelain Classic
- KREUL Glass & Porcelain Chalky
- KREUL Glass & Porcelain Clear
- KREUL Glass & Porcelain Pen Classic
- KREUL Glass & Porcelain Pen Chalky
- KREUL Glass & Porcelain Pen Clear
- KREUL Glass & Porcelain Pen Easy
- KREUL Glass & Porcelain Pen Metallic
- KREUL Glass & Porcelain Pen Glitter
- KREUL Glass & Porcelain Pen Neon
- Ideen für Kreative
The object must be heat-resistant, smooth, clean and free of grease. At best, before painting clean it manually with a detergent - not in a dishwasher so that one doesn't get a drip-off effect.
It is important to keep the using and eating areas intact. This means that these areas should remain unpainted, e.g. the drinking edge including the inner side of cups and glasses as well as cut surfaces of plates that come into contact with food.
Motive templates can be transferred in advance, e.g. with the KREUL Graphite Copying Paper (Art.-Nr. 23048). Alternatively, sketch out the motives free hand with the KREUL pencil (Art.-Nr. 8008) on the item. The pencil strokes will be overpainted by the paint. They can be washed out after the burn-in.
For the application of paint, we recommend a soft brush, e.g. the KREUL Rotmarder imit. (Art.-Nr. 7202..) or Pony hair synthetics (Art.-Nr. 7229..). These are so soft and fine. Moreover, they pick up the paint so perfectly.
Yes, they do! But don't dilute the paint in water, rather in the transparent KREUL Glass & Porcelain Paint Thinner (Art.-Nr. 16273). Then the holding force will stay after burn-in.
As long as the painting has not been baked yet, the paint can be removed from smooth surfaces with the help of water.
You don't need a special oven, rather an absolutely common one in the kitchen. Just put the painted item into a cool oven and when the temperature reaches 160 °C, the painting should be baked for 90 minutes. Then let the item cool down and set in the oven.
If you want to use paints in combination, then you should bake them 30 minutes at 160 °C. The painting will however be of limited suitability for dishwasher use.
The KREUL Structure Designer gives smooth containers a unique relief. It perfectly holds on curvatures, that's why it is ideal for designing cups, muesli bowls and vases.
The lines and templates remain sharp-edged and dimensionally stable - no wearing off or slipping. Finally, the cup is painted with the KREUL Glass & Porcelain paint, then baked, and there appears a designer piece with 3D effects.
As the oldest German artists' paint factory, we rely on experience and want to achieve sustainable prerequisites in the future. That's why the KREUL Glass & Porcelain Chalky, Classic and Clear paints consist of at least 60% materials of sustainable raw materials of natural origin. You can find further information here.
You can find many other tips and tricks regularly here in the Colour blog as well as on Facebook.
- The item you paint on must be heat-resistant, smooth, clean and free of grease: Clean it by hand with detergent before painting – not in the dishwasher, so that no “pearl-off effect” is applied.
- Do not paint the area used for eating / drinking, e.g. drinking rims, the inner surfaces of cups and glasses or the cutting surfaces of plates that come into contact with food.
- Motif templates can be transferred in advance e.g. with KREUL Graphite paper. Alternatively, draw a motif by hand using the KREUL Drawing Pencil. Do not paint over the pencil strokes. They can be wiped off after baking.
- For the paint application we recommend a soft brush, e.g. KREUL Red Sable imit. or Pony Hair.
- Do not dilute the paints with water, but with KREUL Glass & Porcelain Thinning medium. That way the adhesive force is retained after baking.
- As long as the pain has not been baked on, you can remove it from smooth surfaces with water.
- Place painted objects in a cold oven. Bake the painted objects for 90 minutes once a temperature of 160 °C is reached. Allow objects to cool and harden in the oven.
- After baking, your painting is water-proof and saliva-proof and dishwasher-safe.
- Bake at 160 °C for 30 minutes if you have used the paint in combination with KREUL Glass & Porcelain Pen Glitter. In that case, the paint is only conditionally dishwasher-safe.
- Brushes and tools can be cleaned easily with water.